Members of this coalition have agreed to operate in accordance with the following shared beliefs:
- Every child in Dallas ISD is capable of success and deserves equitable access to a quality education, getting what they need based on their individual needs and history.
- Dallas ISD’s actions should be guided by a comprehensive and transparent equity review, routinely updated, that continually guides its allocation of resources in its mission to eliminate achievement disparities for its students.
- Any plan put forth by Dallas ISD administration and approved by the board of trustees should reflect broad community input on suggested strategies and desired educational outcomes.
- Taxpayers should be granted the right by their elected board of trustees to decide via public election whether or not to invest additional dollars to fund those strategies that have the best chance of closing existing student achievement disparities.
- Any taxpayer investment should be accompanied by ambitious but reasonably attainable accountability measures and subsequent transparent reporting to ensure that any incremental funding raised is used to produce the desired growth and reduced disparities in student achievement outcomes.